HOW TO USE YOUR DATA
- Should you have it?
- Can you get it?
- What is the quality when you do get it?
HITTING THE MARK – NORDICS
- 30% of brands failed to send a welcome email
- 55% of retailers failed to send cart recovery emails
- 75% of brands did not use segmentation in their emails
- The email provides links to the website in the first instance
- The email promotes its omni-channel presence and all the ways its customers can connect with the brand
- The email personalised imagery based on preferences provided on sign-up (dotmailer had said they owned a dog when they signed up)
- The email engaged contacts beyond relevant offers; the editorial-style email gives dog owners advice on how to train their pets, along with an accompanying video
- The email is complemented by other related and relevant editorial content to encourage interaction with the brand
- The email is finished off with some relevant product recommendations based on behavioural data, plus cross-channel promotion and all of the legal elements like an address and an unsubscribe link
THE RIGHT AUTOMATION TACTICS
The right automation tactics help merchants increase awareness of their brand, introduce breadth of services, and capture additional data. Merchants can also easily increase their ROI, reduce manual labour, cut costs, and reduce the sales cycle with the following email marketing tips.
Say “thanks” and kick off the relationship with your customer. Educate your shoppers and connect with them on social media, and incentivise them to buy.
Send an email when a product your customer has purchased should be ending its life cycle, for example, a bottle of shampoo. Remind them of their previous purchase, or encourage them to buy the next logical item, like another product from the same line.
Thank your customers for making the purchase and either use the opportunity to ask them for feedback or cross-sell and up-sell other products in the same category.
Reach out to customers who have not made a purchase in a while; use this to showcase new products they might be interested in.
Send your prospective customers the contents of their abandoned shopping carts to encourage them to complete the purchase.
KEY TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS SESSION
- Always set objectives for each programme and have a way to measure
- Always start small but scale
- You should as a minimum have these 3 types of programmes: welcome, post purchase, lapsed